November 6, 2018:
We talked about the poster that we prepared for the announcement and getting touch with the students at OCADU. We visited CSD (Center for Students with disabilities) and met with Robyn Shaw as an expert on disability issues at OCADU.
Comments on the poster:
We talked about the poster that we prepared for the announcement and getting touch with the students at OCADU. We visited CSD (Center for Students with disabilities) and met with Robyn Shaw as an expert on disability issues at OCADU.
Comments on the poster:
- It is good and bad
- The main problem is the wheelchair in the poster. A wheelchair may be a disturbing image, especially for disabled people. A poster without a wheelchair or an image without a disability sign can be designed.
- A standard wheelchair limits the participants who are using a mobility device as we said in our poster. Someone with a mobility device can be motorized wheelchair, cane, someone who used a wheelchair, or who may have a kind of experience. If we use one type of wheelchair it can be considered as not inclusive.
As an inclusive design student, I was a bit ashamed about the poster I have designed. I thought I should have thought and been more sensitive about disability issue concerns. On the long run, I know that it is part of the process and I have experienced a learning by doing.

Yorumlar
Yorum Gönder